Furniture and Homewares inspired by the Mathematics of Nature.
what does that mean?
It means they look at patterns and forms that occur in the natural world; they adapt and play with them as a starting point for all of our designs. Those patterns and principles breathe through our products, bringing them to life, revealing themselves slowly.
Almost all of what they make relies on the user to give it the final touch, to make it his or her own. They work with natural materials such as European oak, Douglas Fir, pure sheet metals, as well as some surprising new materials and processes.
They manufacture their products in small factories that they know well, whether it is
• a facility for the disabled here in Berlin that makes our more simple wooden pieces and picture frames
• a respected artisan in Bohemia who individually crafts our more technically demanding tables
• high tech medical equipment firms in northern Italy without whom they would not be able to make the steel, brass and copper pieces
• traditional stone crafts in Pakistan for marble
• small, privately run workshops in China for silicon and glass
They are a firm rooted in Berlin, Germany, operating globally in a spirit of openness and fairness, exporting to 34 countries and counting.